Our unique process revolves around you. We learn what you want, then tailor our services to meet your needs.
Click on any of the topics below to learn more.
- Confirm that an applicant is not providing false information to conceal previous criminal activity.
- A social security trace will provide you with a list of current and previous addresses, as well as other aliases or maiden names the applicant may have used.
- Verify the social security number by providing the state and date range of issuance.
GRS verifies applicant’s Social Security Number via the applicant’s name and Date of Birth directly through Social Security Administration.
Social Security Trace:
The Social Security Trace provides the following information:
- All names associated with the social security number
- All known addresses where the applicant may have worked or lived
- Known Dates of Births used by the applicant
- Where and when the Social Security Number was issued
- Also provides the names of persons who may be using this SSN illegally.
- Additional information provided is the year and state the SSN was issued by the Social Security Administration
- This search also warns when a Social Security number may never have been issued or the person that it was issued is deceased.
- Verify newly hired employees' legal right to work in the United States using the federal government's E-verify program which is operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) & the Social Security Administration (SSA). Electronic Form I-9 Service Verification Available.
- An employee screening tool that verifies the accreditation status of institution, start date, end date, majors, and degrees received.
- Report provides information about a candidate's previous jobs, such as: start and end dates, position, salary, reason for leaving, and eligibility for rehire.
- This is an integral part of any employment background check for applicants seeking motor vehicle driving positions. The MVR report can warn you about DUI charges and potential substance abuse problems as well as all information provided by the Department of Motor Vehicle. The Department of Motor Vehicle provides license status, infractions, violations, accident information, license expiration dates, suspensions, and license revocations. Typically, the driving record history reports a minimum of three years of history. DUI’s and more serious convictions may be reported for up to seven years to ten years depending on the State being checked.
- We provide motor vehicle reports in all 50 states, and Canada (Alberta unavailable). All MVRs can be completed instantly except for Alaska, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Hawaii, which can take up to 24 to 72 hours for the DMV to provided requested information.
National Instant Criminal Records Index Data Base Search (NCIS)
The NCIS is Multijurisdictional Data Base Search which is used to locate potential criminal records that the candidate has not revealed during the interview process. This search helps point to potential counties or states where the applicant may have criminal convictions. The NCIS combines both county, state and other proprietary sources which also can reveal if an applicant has been in jail within the last 24 to 48 hours.
County Criminal Records Search
This search is conducted by our network of professional county court record researchers. They search for all available county criminal records including felony, misdemeanor, and pending criminal records. The basic search covers seven years, but we can perform the search as far back as you require.
Federal Criminal Records Check
This is a seven-year Criminal search for all Federal felony and misdemeanor convictions at the federal district level. The initial search is conducted through the Public Access Court Electronic Records database (PACER).
State Police Criminal Records Check
This search is a direct search of the state police criminal database. State Police Data Systems information varies and on occasion state the records repositories provide incomplete court record data. In these cases where the data may be incomplete, a county criminal search will need to be obtain so all case information can be reported.
Continuous Criminal Records or MVR Search
Continuous Search is a service that G.R.S. offers that runs in the background that allow you to setup a background check to be automatically conducted on any of your employees on a set time frame; i.e. monthly, quarterly and so forth.
NCIC Plus Metro Enhanced Jail Check
NCIS Plus Metro Jail Check enhances the depth and precision of the basic nationwide criminal data base search by providing a comprehensive historical view of an individual’s criminal history, coupled with access to real-time criminal incident information. The Metro Jail check searches all major metropolitan jails and some rural jails for criminal arrest information that has occurred within the last 24 hours.
- The National Criminal Information Scan (NCIS) is a powerful, high speed, multi-jurisdictional search of our proprietary databases. It is compiled from multiple sources consisting of court records, incarceration records, probation/ parole/ release information, arrest data, and wants and warrants, and more.
- NCIS Plus Metro Jail Check enhances the depth and precision of the basic NCIS by providing a comprehensive historical view of an individual’s criminal history, coupled with access to real-time criminal incident information. The Metro Jail check can search all metropolitan jails and some rural jails for criminal incident information within the last 6 hours.
- An employee screening search that involves a nationwide search for any outstanding Extraditable Warrants in the US.
- Every name and AKA for an applicant has been searched in over 250 different national and international terrorists, fugitives, and debarment lists worldwide. All information is current as of the day the search was performed.
- This search keeps you in compliance with the USA Patriot Act.
Search includes the following federal databases:
- Federal OIG Exclusion List
- SAM GSA
- All-State Medicaid Exclusion List
- Plus, a search of other federal data systems that show any disciplinary actions taken by any federal agency, and available licensing/certification agencies.
- County Level (Plaintiff & Defendant)
o Search for lawsuits in upper and lower courts
o Provides file date, parties involved, cost of action, & case status when cases are uncovered
- Federal Level
o District level search for civil cases filed in the US District Court
o Provides file date, parties involved, cost of action, & case status when cases are uncovered
- Employee background checks are particularly effective when coupled with drug testing. We offer the highest quality drug screening available. Online Drug Testing Scheduling Available.
- Worker's Compensation Information includes determining if an individual has ever filed a claim against an employer as well as information concerning the outcome of the claim.
- Eviction searches are performed to determine if an individual has ever been evicted.
- Nation Scan Database – This database includes more than 500 million criminal records from all 50 states, supplementing other criminal record checks to help improve the effectiveness of your screening program.
- Electronic Connectivity – Connectivity to hundreds of courts throughout the US, speeds results capture and maximizes accuracy. Additionally, Guaranty Research Services, Inc. provides solutions for small/mid-sized businesses, volunteer and non-profit screening, contractor, and contingent worker services, along with unmatched global reach.
- Flexible Delivery Solutions – The Guaranty Research Services, Inc. Direct platform brings together a complete offering of background screening solutions including criminal searches and verifications, substance abuse testing services, fingerprinting and I9/E-Verify employment eligibility verification services. Background verification services are also available via HR-XML integrations facilitating the seamless transfer of data.
- Adjudication Options
Adjudication" refers to you, being able to make an employment decision based on full results of a Background/Drug screening report. It is the process of using information obtained and reported by GRS to help you decide whether an applicant fits within your organizations' and meets all requirements set forth within your hiring guidelines and job requirements.
- While GRS does not make the actual employment decisions for you, we provide all vital information that helps meet all your corporate guidelines. We also provide you with the tools needed to make the best and most informed hiring decisions. GRS provides you with the flexibility to customize our website and search packages to meet your individual background screening needs while maintaining all compliance with all state and federal employment laws.
- Pre-Adverse and Adverse Notification
- The GRS Adverse Action Letter module was designed to provide you with a very elaborate and sophisticated solution to help automate and handle all of your Adverse Action Letter reporting and notification requirements. With many carefully designed features and built-in flexibility, this module was designed to help you meet FCRA reporting compliance regulations. When used properly and monitored daily, the FRS Adverse Action Letter module will drastically ease your reporting and notification requirements and help automate many of the adverse action notification requirements.. This module allows for the generation of “Pre-Adverse Action Disclosure” and “Notice of Adverse Action” letters and can be customized to meet the unique requirements of each of your clients and includes total tracking capabilities, along with reporting and billing functionality as well.
- Adverse Action Letter features are as follows:
- Setting up the new Main-Level Other Search Types for the Adverse Action Letters
- Default Settings to assign these new Main-Level Other Search Types for use in FRS or at the Web. In addition, the Default Settings allow you to specify any attachments to include when the Adverse Action Letters are sent.
- Client-level settings allow you to set Adverse Action Letter settings specific to each Client’s needs
- Subject Assignment of the Adverse Action Letter(s)
- Subject Processing of the Adverse Action Letter(s)
- Notification of Pending Letters needing to be Printed
- Batch Letter Generation
- Disputes and Re-Investigations
Applicant Management Center
Fully FCRA compliant, user friendly Applicant Tracking System
Going Above and Beyond
In addition to background screening services G.R.S. provides our clients with the perfect solution to the nightmare of Applicant Management. G.R.S.’s Applicant Management Center (AMC) provides you with a flexible set of tools for your candidates to submit authorization for their background checks. AMC has been designed to meet the highest compliance standards and help you adhere to FCRA requirements.
With a full set of customizable options such as mouse signature and client-specific disclosure forms and statements, AMC allows us to provide the most advanced cost-effective options available so you can better manage candidates or volunteers.
- Mobile Friendly Candidate Application with your logo Recruiters can easily manage their job applicants via an applicant tracking list
- FCRA notices and Consent Forms are displayed as part of the application Customizable verbiage on consent forms and more
- Files can be uploaded by applicants to include release forms, resumes, etc.
- You will have your own configuration page and the ability to customize the entire application process
- Email support provided for recruiters to email and follow up with applicants directly from AMC; email correspondence is tracked and can be viewed
- Define an unlimited number of “packages” for each of the job positions for which your you are hiring
- Include an unlimited number of packages and questions for each job position
- Flag responses to important questions to streamline the review process
- Set candidates for automatic background checks or require manual review prior to submission.
- API and Full Integrations for seamless processing of background checks using our robust API and pre-built integrations
- All comprehensive screening results are derived from the follow
- National and County-Wide Criminal Court Record Searches
- National and Federal Criminal Court Database Searches
- Nationwide Jail Arrest Record Checks
- Motor Vehicle/Driving History
- National Sex Offender Registries
- Automated Online Drug Test Scheduling
- Credit Reports
- Education Verification
- Past Employment Verifications
- Federal Healthcare Sanctions List Searches (OIG-GSA Health Care Compliance)